What is the Incumbent Worker Training Grant?
Did you know that as a Florida business with Florida employees, you may be eligible to receive funding to train your incumbent workers? The State of Florida offers a reimbursement of up to 75% for approved courses. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance the skills of your workforce and drive your business forward.
See if you Qualify for an IWT
See if you qualify for an incumbent worker training grant via the Qualification Wizard
Gather Trainer Information
Are you considering hiring a trainer to help develop the skills of your workforce? Great! To ensure a smooth and efficient process, we recommend that you gather all the necessary information about your preferred trainer in advance. This includes:
- Their resume
- Contact information
- Details on any certifications that may result from their courses
Having this information ready will give you a head start on the application process and ensure a seamless experience.
Collect Files and Study Certifications
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements
- Have all the necessary documentation in place before you get started
- Starting the process early can help you be well-prepared and take advantage of opportunities that come your way
- Even if you're not yet certain that you'll continue, taking the time to gather the necessary information can save you time and stress in the long run.
- DOR Clearance Letter: Letter must be dated within 45 days of application submission. You may request your Letter of Clearance via the web at https://taxapp.floridarevenue.com/TaxClearanceLetter/. Once your company receives the letter, please submit it as part of your application process.
- 941 Tax Form: If your business is a Sole Proprietorship, a 1040 Income Tax Return with a Schedule SE is required. If you are a Sole Proprietor and your business has filed for an extension, you must provide that paperwork (IRS Form 7004) and provide a copy of your tax return once the tax return has been filed (which should be no later than 6 months from the due date of the return). If your business uses a PEO to lease its employees, then verification of the agreement is needed on the PEO’s letterhead in lieu of a 941.
- Letter of Credit: Provide a letter of credit from a bank your company has done business with for at least six (6) months. The letter must be on bank letterhead.
- W-9 Form: Submit your W-9 Form to CareerSource Florida when requesting training funds.
Find relevant credentials from the CAPE Postsecondary Industry Certification Funding List
Here are two simple steps to help you get started on obtaining industry certifications in Florida:
Prioritize courses from the CAPE Industry Certification Funding List:
Florida prioritizes courses that provide credentials from the CAPE Industry Certification Funding List. Therefore, it's important to ensure that your application contains some courses that provide credentials from this list.
Find trainers for the selected certifications:
Once you have selected the certifications most relevant to your needs, the next step is to find trainers for those courses. This is an important step as you want to make sure that you are getting the best possible instruction to help you succeed in obtaining your industry certifications.
Add non-CAPE Certification-Related Trainers
Here are two simple steps to help you in adding your trainings for certification:
Prioritize your CAPE-certification trainings:
Once you've gathered your CAPE-certification trainings, make sure to prioritize them. These trainings are highly regarded in Florida and can help you stand out when applying for jobs or seeking career advancement.
Look for other relevant trainings:
In addition to your CAPE-certification trainings, it's essential to add any other relevant trainings to your resume. For example, you can highlight trainings that were approved by your employer or those that are related to your field of work. In 2022, for instance, 75% of $1,500.00 was approved for a Facilitation class from Sociocracy For All. Adding these types of trainings to your resume can help demonstrate your commitment to ongoing education and professional development.
We hope that this blog has provided you with valuable information and insights into the process of applying for training funds from CareerSource Florida. The State of Florida is committed to supporting the growth and development of local businesses and their employees. This program is a great opportunity to enhance the skills of your workforce and drive your business forward. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity by carefully reviewing the eligibility requirements, gathering all necessary documentation, and selecting courses that align with your professional goals and business needs. Good luck, and we wish you all the best in your professional development journey!